Minsk - Lech Lecha Program
Yad Yisroel & lech Lecha
Yad Yisroel has had a long term relationship with the Lech Lecha program in Minsk and in September 2010 Yad Yisroel took over responsibility for all aspects of Lech Lecha's programs.
Today in Lech Lecha there are the following programs:
1) Sunday School – a four hour program every Sunday morning – attended by over 50 children.
2) STARS Student Program – biweekly lectures for students from the universities in Minsk.
3) Shabbat in Lech Lecha – every Shabbat we host students and adults for the entire Shabbat.
4) Jewish Festivals - Jewish Festivals are celebrated in Lech Lecha accordingly to Jewish traditions. On Pesach 5772, we made 4 Sedarim in-parallel for different age groups with over 170 participants.
5) Ladies Club – a monthly club for Jewish women.
6) Jewish Lifestyle And Community Service – We provide Kosher food, Brit Milot, Weddings and all other Jewish Services to the wider Minsk community.
7) Art Classes – weekly art class held by the famous Jewish artist Matvey Basov
8) Shabatons/Seminars – quarterly Shabbaton seminars held for young adults from throughout Belarus.
9) Jewish Library – the Lech Lech library – dedicated to the memory of Rab Buksbaum – has a wide selection of books on all areas of Judaism.